i figured its about the right time to start my own blog. so, here i am.


Saturday, September 24

new perspective

everything happens for a reason. i whole heartedly believe in that simple statement. things happen in our lives when we have no idea why. and we may not know for years. all experiences are to teach us a lesson. we cannot progress in this life if we are not learning. learning is hard. it takes humility. sometimes that is the lesson. most of the time that's the lesson that i need to learn. sometimes the lessons we learn are not from something we have done, but what others have done. and sometimes we are on the negative receiving end. those are the worst. but they can be the best because of the great discoveries and self-reflection that occurs during that experience.

i have recently learned to be true to my words, values, and behavior around people. i want to be consistent. i don't want people to feel like i am two-faced. i want to be kind. i want to be a listening ear for those in need.

another lesson i've learned, i can't just rely on my own experiences. i need to turn to greater sources of wisdom. i am so grateful for friends that have inspired, supported, encouraged, and reassured me of my value and potential recently. another reason why everything happens for a reason. i tend to be put in very difficult and emotionally painful situations, but i always find that one or a couple sweet souls that lift me up and i feel that i can confide my problems with.

i love life. i don't know that i can actually say i love everything about life right now. i am carless. i am not dating anyone. i want to be. i am doing awful in my generals classes. i am not getting a ton of sleep. i have recently had my confidence torn down. but i can say that i love learning.

i am grateful for my Savior and my Heavenly Father. i know that they are aware of me and what i am going through. they know how i feel. exactly how i feel. i need to turn to them and the scriptures. no more putting it off. i need to do it. the word of God solves everything!

1 comment:

  1. Holy smoke! I totally need to step it up on my blog posts...You're kicking my butt! Way to lay it out with some deep thoughts! You are totally awesome Sarah! I only met you for a weekendish, but I can tell that you are a very honest and caring person! Keep your chin up!
    Kendon

    Call or text me any time you want!
    623-910-7058

    ReplyDelete