i figured its about the right time to start my own blog. so, here i am.


Monday, May 23

impressing people

it's exhausting trying to impress people. i'm doing an internship to impress my colleagues and professors in my major. i have a catering job to impress people with the great pay and easy work load. i sing in church to impress people with my ability to sing. i dress nice to impress boys so they'll like me and for girls to get them to like me too. and i think that after college i won't have to anymore. not true. it's a little tougher now cause, at least for me, i have many opportunities that i want to be able to do all of them so that i can have options in my future. once i find a career after college, i'll only have to impress my boss and other married couples at church. but who knows when i'll be married. i want to be myself, but a lot of people wouldn't like me. it's the natural man that gets to me. being a good person is hard work. i kinda hate it. BUT, i know that it's worth it. ah!

2 comments:

  1. as long as you are yourself people will like you. you are a whole lot more amazing than you know it. and there will ALWAYS be someone out there that may not like you because of jealousy or just because you two don't click but there is NOTHING you can do about that. I had someone told me they didn't like me because i was too much of a goody goody by not drinking. but like i said, there is nothing you can do about it, i wasn't going to change for them to like me. it's just part of life. you are great and are so talented in sooo many ways that really.....I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I know this is an old post, but I wanted to make a comment anyway. I say, just be YOU. If someone doesn't like you for being you, then they weren't worth being friends with anyway. I doubt there is anyone out there that wouldn't like you anyway. You're great!
    Miss you,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete